Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cajun Pasta


I LOVE LOVE LOVE... hold on. Let me make sure you know that I LOOOVE Cayenne Pepper. I have been throwing it in just about everything I make lately. I have been cooking a lot of pasta lately so I had to find a way to add my cayenne pepper. This cajun pasta turned out fantastic. Here is the recipe I came up with...


1 box of penne pasta

3 Tbsp. butter

1 1/4 Tbsp. flour

1 1/2 cups half and half

1/4 to 1/2 cup parmesan cheese

1/4 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper

1/2 tsp. Tony Chacheres seasoning


Melt butter over medium heat. Add your 1 1/4 Tbsp. flour and stir constantly. Add 1 1/2 cups half and half a little bit at a time. Continue to stir for 5 minutes. Set aside to thicken. Cook your pasta. While cooking your pasta, you can add the parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and Tony Chacheres seasoning to the sauce. Once pasta is cooked, drain, and add sauce to pasta. Stir to coat. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment