Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope everyone is enjoying their Valentine's Day. My husband and I are spending the day inside just hanging out with each other. I woke up and made him biscuits and gravy (his favorite). For dinner, I made mini meatloaves and twice baked potatoes. It has been a great day!

Biscuits and Gravy

If you have never made biscuits and gravy before, here is a very simple recipe.

You will need:
biscuits
2 Tbsp. flour
1 lb. sausage
3 cups milk

In a medium sized skillet, cook your sausage until it is completely done. Do not drain. Stir in your flour. Slowly add in your milk a little at a time. Continue to stir in the milk. Your gravy will start to thicken. I always let it sit for about 5 or 10 minutes off of the heat to thicken a little bit more before serving. Add salt and pepper if desired.


Mini Meatloaves and Twiced Baked Potatoes (Cheating version)



For the mini meatloaves, you can make your favorite meatloaf recipe. Coat a muffin pan with cooking spray. Place your meatloaf in the muffin cups and bake at 350 degrees until no longer pink inside (about 20 minutes).


Twice Baked Potatoes (Cheating version)

I use the Hungry Jack dried flakes. I make the mashed potatoes like it says on the box. Then I add about 2 spoonfuls of sour cream and a handful of shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until well mixed. Put the mashed potatoes in a oven safe dish and sprinkle more cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment