Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chicken Teriyaki and Fried Rice

My husband and I love a local Japanese restaurant. The fried rice is amazing there. My husband kept bothering me to try to make the fried rice. I threw some stuff together and it surprisingly came out close to our local restaurant. Here is what I came up with...

1 package chicken breasts
3 cups white rice
2 eggs
1 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
salt
pepper
1 to 2 Tbsp. oil
1 Tbsp. butter
teriyaki sauce

Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. Melt butter in a skillet. Cook the chicken over medium heat until no longer pink inside. Stir in teriyaki sauce right at the end. I just kept adding a little at a time until I liked the taste.
Cook the rice. I used Minute rice. While that was steaming, I went ahead and scrambled two eggs. To save from a million dishes (I hate doing the dishes), I put the cooked eggs into a small dish. I used the same pan I cooked the eggs in to cook the rice. Add a small amount of cooking oil to the skillet. Over medium heat, add rice. Stir rice constantly so that none of it burns or hardens. Add seasonings (ginger, garlic powder, salt, pepper). You can also add green onion if you wish. Keep stirring. Add small amounts of teriyaki sauce until you get desired taste. Serve immediately with chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment